DTK Smart-tech is a company working in the area of development and implementation of systems for measurement, analysis and management of electrical energy. Such systems contribute to increasing the energy efficiency of companies, thus saving money in terms of electricity. The savings gained by these systems are particularly important in companies in the industrial sector (industy with processes, food production, heavy industry, etc.), but also in other facilities in the public sector (administrative and residential buildings, schools, shopping malls and so on.).
The company was founded as a spin-off company of the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology in 2015, and it is financially supported by the Fund for Innovation and Technological Development.
The primary activity of the company is development of hardware and software solutions in the field of management and control of electricity, as well as their adaptation to meet specific user requirements.
Significant features of the developed systems include:
- Monitoring, recording and analysis of all important electrical parameters (voltage, current, active power, reactive power, power factor, active energy, reactive energy, frequency etc.)
- Transmission of measurement data within the company through industrial communication interfaces
- Remote data access over the Internet
- Secondary local recording of measurement data
- Consumption control opportunity for the processes to reduce peak active power engaged
- Alarms based on the measurements and on the basis of statistical data
- Statistical analyses and automatic report generation thereof
- Increased energy efficiency of companies, reduced electricity costs, etc.
In addition to the development of energy management systems, DTK Smart-tech offers consulting services in order to increase energy efficiency, expert analysis of the measured data, proposed solutions and implementation of automated control systems,reactive power compensation, quality of electricity supply etc.